Welcome to Sleep Apnoea Association Inc ACT website! Please look around.
We are Affiliated Members of the:
Health Care Consumers' Association Inc (HCCA Inc) contact Ph: 02 6230 7800) AND
Self Help Organisations United Together Inc (SHOUT Inc) contact Ph: 02 6290 0198)
We are aslo a registered charity under the Australian Charities and Not-for-profits Commission (ACNC).
Our Latest Newsletter:
Next General Meeting Dates & Other Notices:
Meeting Dates and Guest Speakers for 2019/20 (Saturday's) - from 2.00pm - 4.00pm (Canberra Southern Cross Club, Woden ACT
- November 16th 2019 General Meeting - Guest Speaker, Ms Carol Flavel, Guardian Plan Pre-Paid Funeral Consultant, Tobin Brothers, White Lady and Simplicity Funerals, Funeral Directors. Come and hear Carol talk to us about the Australian funeral industry in Australia and how we can navigate the complexities and pressures that come about during these times of a family loss and what can be done to ease the whole process of choosing various funeral options.
- February 15th 2020 General Meeting - Guest speaker, Dr Stuart Miller, Principal medical sleep specialist from the Canberra Sleep Clinic Deakin ACT. Dr Miller has been a very popular guest speaker before and provides a very hands on and intimate knowledge of sleep disorders treatment and the latest medical procedures and equipment available to treat obstructive sleep apnoea (OSA) and other sleep disorders. Dr Miller will also answer any questions you may have about OSA or how best to address any concerns with your OSA treatment, CPAP breathing masks and equipment.
- April 18th 2020 General Meeting - Guest speaker, Dr Grant Willson, Owner and principal sleep clinician, Sleep and Lifestyle Clinic 61 Dundas Court Phillip ACT. Dr Willson and team of sleep clinicians offers a full range of solutions for common sleep problems including Obstructive Sleep Apnoea (OSA). Grant is and continues to be a popular guest speaker and can answer any questions you may have about OSA treaments and CPAP mask and equipment.
- June 20th 2020 General Meeting - Guest speaker, Mr Harry Katsaros, Principal Pharmacist and sleep disorders consultant Hughes Capital Chemist ACT. Harry specialises in OSA treatment advice and services and is an official Resmed and Fisher and Paykel representative for cpap equipment and masks and provides a Resmed/F&P cpap machine factory warranty, repair and spare parts service. Harry will also provide us with the latest Pharmacist views and advice on maintianing your sleep health and wellbeing.
- 15 August 2020 General Meeting - Guest speaker, Dr Rosianna Wee, Sleep specialist amd medical practioner, The Canberra Hospital Respiratory and Sleep Disorders Clinic. Dr Wee works with a team of sleep disorder specialists and sleep technicians at the Canberr Hospital and will provide information on the latest services and treatment provided by the hospital for OSA sufferers and how to best self manage their sleep disorder treatment and maintain a healthy life/work balance.
Electricity Rebate Reminder: If you are using a nasal Positive Airway Pressure (nPAP) machine do not forget to apply for your electricity rebate as a user of life support machinery. This gives you prioity of reinstatement after power failure as well as a rebate in the cost of your electricity. To those new to the use of nCPAP, to obtain this rebate all you need is a letter from your Sleep Specialist and to contact your electricity supplier.
Private Health Insurance Rebate Extra's Coverage Reminder: Most Private Health insurers will provide you with a rebate up to $500 or more for the purchase of your new CPAP machine every five years. Check with your insurer before you buy and save on the purchase price of your CPAP machine.