Welcome to Sleep Apnoea Association ACT's website! Please look around.
We are Affiliated Member of the:
Health Care Consumers' Association Inc (HCCA Inc) contact Ph: 02 6230 7800) AND
Self Help Organisations United Together Inc (SHOUT Inc) contact Ph: 02 6290 0198)
We are aslo a registered charity under the Australian Charities and Not-for-profits Commission (ACNC).
Our Latest Newsletter:
Next General Meeting Dates & Other Notices:
Meeting Dates and Guest Speakers for 2018 (Saturday) - from 2.00pm - 4.00pm (Canberra Southern Cross Club, Woden ACT)
- November 17th 2018 General Meeting - Dr Grant Willson, Director, Sleep & Lifestyle Clinic (confirmed).
- >> SAA Members Christmas Luncheon - Saturday 15 December 2018 (12 noon) Canberra Southern Cross Club Woden - BuyYO Food and drink. Luck door prizes and free juice on the tables.
- February 16th 2019 - Dr Stuart Miller, Principal Sleep Disorders Specialist, Canberra Sleep Clinic (confirmed)
- April 20th 2019 General Meeting (to be confirmed)
- >> May 5th 2019 - Sleep Apnea Awarness Day (SAAD)
- June 15th 2019 General Meeting (to be confirmed)
- August 17th 2019 General Meeting (to be confirmed)
- October 19th 2019 Annual General Meeting (to be confirmed
- November 16th 2019 Genral Meeting(to be confirmed)
Electricity Rebate Reminder: If you are using a nasal Positive Airway Pressure (nPAP) machine do not forget to apply for your electricity rebate as a user of life support machinery. This gives you prioity of reinstatement after power failure as well as a rebate in the cost of your electricity. To those new to the use of nCPAP, to obtain this rebate all you need is a letter from your Sleep Specialist and to contact your electricity supplier.