Welcome to Sleep Apnoea Association Inc ACT website! Please look around.
We are Affiliated Members of the:
Health Care Consumers' Association Inc (HCCA Inc) contact Ph: 02 6230 7800) AND
Self Help Organisations United Together Inc (SHOUT Inc) contact Ph: 02 6290 0198)
We are aslo a registered charity under the Australian Charities and Not-for-profits Commission (ACNC).
Our Latest Newsletter:
Next General Meeting Dates & Other Notices:
Meeting Dates and Guest Speakers for 2020 (Saturday's) - from 2.00pm - 4.00pm (Canberra Southern Cross Club, Woden ACT (Community Room, Ground Floor).
> Canberra Seniors Weeks Expo - Thursday 26th March 2020 Exhibition Park. We have a SAA stall on site.
18 February 2020 General Meeting - Guest speaker, Dr Stuart Miller, Principal medical sleep specialist from the Canberra Sleep Clinic Deakin ACT. Dr Miller has been a very popular guest speaker before and provides a very hands on and intimate knowledge of sleep disorders treatment and the latest medical procedures and equipment available to treat obstructive sleep apnoea (OSA) and other sleep disorders. Dr Miller and his clinic team provide onsite laboratory overnight sleep study (Type 1 study) and home sleep study (Type 2 study) all of which are Medicare accredited sleep studies. Dr Miller will also answer any questions you may have about OSA or how best to address any concerns with your OSA treatment, CPAP breathing masks and equipment.
- April 18th 2020 General Meeting - Guest speaker, Dr Grant Willson, Owner and principal sleep clinician, Sleep and Lifestyle Clinic 61 Dundas Court Phillip ACT. Dr Willson and team of sleep clinicians offers a full range of solutions for common sleep problems including Obstructive Sleep Apnoea (OSA). Grant is and continues to be a popular guest speaker and can answer any questions you may have about OSA treaments and CPAP mask and equipment.
- June 20th 2020 General Meeting - Guest speaker, Mr Harry Katsaros, Principal Pharmacist and sleep disorders consultant Hughes Capital Chemist ACT. Harry specialises in OSA treatment advice and services and is an official Resmed and Fisher and Paykel representative for cpap equipment and masks and provides a Resmed/F&P cpap machine factory warranty, repair and spare parts service. Harry will also provide us with the latest Pharmacist views and advice on maintianing your sleep health and wellbeing.
- 15 August 2020 General Meeting - Guest speaker, Dr Rosianna Wee, Sleep specialist and medical practioner, The Canberra Hospital Respiratory and Sleep Disorders Clinic. Dr Wee works with a team of sleep disorder specialists and sleep technicians at the Canberr Hospital and will provide information on the latest services and treatment provided by the hospital for OSA sufferers and how to best self manage their sleep disorder treatment and maintain a healthy life/work balance.
Dr Wee is also a staff sleep physician at the Canberr Sleep Clinic in Deakin.
- 17 October 2020 - Annual General Meeting (AGM).
Presentation of the Association financial statments and accounts. Presentation of Committe Reports to the members. Election of Office bearers for 2020/21. Open discussion on any topic/s of interest.
- 21 November 2020 General Meeting - Guest speaker - To be advised.
Electricity Rebate Reminder: If you are using a nasal Positive Airway Pressure (nPAP) machine do not forget to apply for your electricity rebate as a user of life support machinery. This gives you prioity of reinstatement after power failure as well as a rebate in the cost of your electricity. To those new to the use of nCPAP, to obtain this rebate all you need is a letter from your Sleep Specialist and to contact your electricity supplier.
Private Health Insurance Rebate Extra's Coverage Reminder: Most Private Health insurers will provide you with a rebate up to $500 or more for the purchase of your new CPAP machine every five years. Check with your insurer before you buy and save on the purchase price of your CPAP machine.