Welcome to Sleep Apnoea Association Inc ACT website! Please look around.
We are Affiliated Members of the:
Health Care Consumers' Association Inc (HCCA Inc) contact Ph: 02 6230 7800 AND
Self Help Organisations United Together Inc (SHOUT Inc) contact Ph: 02 6290 0198.
We are also a registered ACT Government Incorporated Association and not-for-profit charity (A2042) and a registered charity under the Australian Charities and Not-for-profits Commission (ACNC).
Our Latest Newsletter (click on link below):
- Next General Meeting (GM) Saturday 24 February 2024 commencing 2pm. Canberra Southern Cross Club Woden.
Guest speaker - Dr. Grant Willson, owner and principal clinician, Sleep & Lifestyle Clinic Phillip ACT. Dr. Willson (Grant) has been a popular and longtime guest speaker and specialist in the field of all sleep disorders and more importantly for us, the fileld of Obstructive Sleep Apnoea research, diagnosis and treatment. Grant will be bringing us up to date on the latest sleep medicine research and sleep apnoea treatment and services provided by his clinic and will answer any general questions you may have on your own sleep apnoea concerns or problems with your cpap equipment.
>> All Members and interested Guests are Welcome.
- Future General Meeting dates for 2024:
- Saturday 20 April 2024.
Guest speaker Mr. Christian Rabatsch, General Manager, Benchmark Sleep Services Woden ACT .
- Saturday 15 June 2024. Guest speaker to be advised.
- Saturday 17 August 2024. Guest speaker to be advised.
- Staurday 19 October 2024. Annual General Meeting of Members (no Guest Speaker)
- Saturday 16 November 2024. Guest speaker to be advised.
- Electricity Rebate Reminder: If you are using a nasal Positive Airway Pressure (nPAP) machine do not forget to apply for your electricity rebate as a user of life support machinery. This gives you prioity of reinstatement after power failure as well as a rebate in the cost of your electricity. To those new to the use of nCPAP, to obtain this rebate all you need is a letter from your Sleep Specialist and to contact your electricity supplier.
- Private Health Insurance Rebate Extra's Coverage Reminder: Most Private Health insurers will provide you with a rebate up to $500 or more for the purchase of your new CPAP machine every five years. Check with your insurer before you buy and save on the purchase price of your CPAP machine.