Welcome to Sleep Apnoea Association Inc ACT website! Please look around.
We are Affiliated Members of the:
Health Care Consumers' Association Inc (HCCA Inc) contact Ph: 02 6230 7800 AND
Self Help Organisations United Together Inc (SHOUT Inc) contact Ph: 02 6290 0198.
We are also a registered ACT Government Incorporated Association and not-for-profit charity (A2042) and a registered charity under the Australian Charities and Not-for-profits Commission (ACNC).
Our Latest Newsletter (click on link below):
- Next General Meeting (GM) Saturday 18 November 2023 commencing 2pm. Canberra Southern Cross Club Woden.
Guest speaker - Mr. Benjamin Wu, Resmed Deakin ACT. Benjamin will be displaying and demonstrating the latest Resmed Airsense S11 CPAP device and providing information on all the local and on-line sleep apnoea equipment, parts and services that Resmed provides in Canberra and Austrlia.
>> All Members and Guest are Welcome.
- Future General Meeting dates for 2024:
- Saturday 24 Febraury 2024.
Guest speaker, Dr. Grant Willson, Sleep & Lifestyle Clinic, Phillip ACT.
- Saturday 20 April 2024. Guest speaker to be Advised.
- Saturday 15 June 2024. Guest speaker to be Advised.
- Electricity Rebate Reminder: If you are using a nasal Positive Airway Pressure (nPAP) machine do not forget to apply for your electricity rebate as a user of life support machinery. This gives you prioity of reinstatement after power failure as well as a rebate in the cost of your electricity. To those new to the use of nCPAP, to obtain this rebate all you need is a letter from your Sleep Specialist and to contact your electricity supplier.
- Private Health Insurance Rebate Extra's Coverage Reminder: Most Private Health insurers will provide you with a rebate up to $500 or more for the purchase of your new CPAP machine every five years. Check with your insurer before you buy and save on the purchase price of your CPAP machine.